Many of us have grown tired of dealing with divisiveness and non-RC related content on social media. RCPilot was born, in part, to remedy that issue. Accordingly, we have a strict policy of conduct that will be enforced by our expert moderation staff, which consists of experienced hobbyists who can evaluate both the nature and the tone of posts and other content on the site.
RCPilot is an international community. Membership is free for both individuals and commercial or governmental organizations. Members can be verified or unverified. Verified members simply validate their identity via mobile phone. It’s not quite an FBI background check, but for what we are doing, it provides a measure of accountability. Membership may be revoked at any time if members are found to have repeatedly violated our rules or for any other reason. Regardless, our staff is instructed to err on the side of the member in the case of any reported post.
Our rules are simple:
- Posts MUST be related to model aviation
- Posts MUST be courteous.
- You can use foul language if inspired; just don't aim it at anyone. In other words, you can say, "I crashed my f'ing P-51" but you can't say, "That M'Fr John crashed into my P-51." Get it?
Our penalties are fast and furious:
- If a member is found to be cheating another member in a marketplace deal, they will be unceremoniously BOUNCED from the site.
- If a member is found to have posted content unrelated to the hobby, their post will be removed without warning. Repeated violation of this rule may result in rank demotion or suspension from the site.
- If a member is found to have posted content in multiple specialties or topics in an effort to spam the system, they will demoted or suspended from the site.
- If a member is found to be a commercial seller who has not set their profile to "commercial" the moderators may set their account accordingly.
- If a member is found to be sending unsolicited messages to other members in an effort to sell or promote a product, or is otherwise harassing other members, the offending member may be demoted or suspended.
- In all cases, RCPilot reserves the right to revoke anybody's membership at any time. The same Constitution that gives you the right to say whatever you want also gives us the right to run our community the way we want! Isn't life funny that way? We all want to get along and exchange information, get advice, give advice, share our hobby, buy, sell, and just enjoy what we all enjoy. Virtually all of us will do that; it's for the unruly 1% that we have to have these rules and penalties.
By agreeing to our terms and conditions (which is what you did when you joined), you agree that under no circumstances is RCPilot, its owners or moderators, or any agent of RCPilot liable for any loss, damage, claim or other liability you may have incurred in connection with your use of RCPilot.com. If you get scammed in the market, we are not responsible (but if you inform us, we will ban the scammer). Our service is free to use and in order to keep it that way, we cannot be liable for individuals’ behavior while on the site, even if we take steps to remove offending members.